Statuses can be used to represent various phases a task goes through from start to finish.
Step 1: Create the status from project settings
To create a new status you need to be the project admin.
1. Go to project settings > Go to status settings under "Tasks" section
2. Click on "+ Status" > Give the status a name and a short description
3. Set the status category and add a title of your choice
a. "Yet to start" if the status represents that work is yet to start on the project task.
b. "Work in progress" if the status represents that work is in progress on the project task.
c. "Completed" if the status represents that work is completed on the project task.
4. Optionally enable the "Allow users to estimate effort" setting so that project members can add effort for these statuses.
Step 2: Add the status to a workflow
After you create a status, you need to add it to a workflow. This is because statuses in Freshrelease are mapped to workflows and workflows are mapped to tasks.
Let's say you created a status called "Under Review" in the previous step, here's how you add it to a workflow
1. Go to project settings > Go to type settings under "Tasks" section
2. Click on the workflow name of the type that needs this new status > click on edit workflow
3. Based on your needs, you can add the status to an existing transition or create a new transition and add it.