Properties of an item in Freshrelease can be customized using Forms and Fields. A form is a collection of multiple fields which become properties of items. You can create multiple forms with varying fields and associate them to item types.
Example: For the item type "bug", you can create a new form called "Bug form" and create fields like "Number of affected users", "Affected devices", etc. inside the form. Once the form is created, associate it to the type "bug" from Type settings. Now whenever users create a new bug, they will see the new fields.
How to create a new form?
If you are the account admin or project admin,
1. Go to Project Settings > Forms and Fields
2. Click on "+ Form"
3. Give your form a name and description
4. Add new fields and Save
How to create a new field inside a form?
Once you are inside a form,
1. Click on "+ Field"
2. Choose a field type
3. Give your field a name and Save the field
5. Now the field is added to the form > Click "Save"
How to associate forms to types?
Every item type can be associated to a different form. This allows you to truly customize what fields appear as properties for various item types. To do this,
1. Go to Project Settings > Types
2. Edit any type eg: Bug
3. Choose "Bug form" in the "Associated form" field