Start a new topic

Export items to CSV

Items can be imported however the ability to export all items and their respective details would be helpful.

Thanks,

Brad

Hi Brad Freshour,

You can export items in the Analytics section. Create a Report with the records to be exported and from these reports you will be able to export the data as csv files. 

I have used the export from the Analytics section but it doesn't include all of the fields. Is it possible to include Info or Dependencies for example?

Hi Jessica,

We will be supporting custom fields data in the Analytics section soon.  In case if this is a critical use-case, for you, please send us an email to support [at] freshrelease [dot] com

We will check if any workaround can be done from our side.

Is someone able to share HOW you can export from the Analytics section?  I have been trying but have had no luck creating reports that have any detail beyond overall graphs.

Thank you in advance! 

@Amanda I had to click into one of the report containers and then export from there to get the CSV tabular view. The main page lets you export to pdf I believe.

All I can get is a PDF, cannot get to the extract of the data. Does anyone have a guide to follow?

Hi Stephen Gresty,

a) double click on the widget (in the reports screen, where you see the export to pdf) 
b) In the detail view of this widget > in the right top > CSV of Tabular data

Everyone,

The functionality is present, however it's buried in the design.  Here is the process that I executed to obtain all item data:

1.) Create the report

2.) Pick a widget.  For this example, I picked "Total Issues grouped by ID" ... we are going to totally change the canned object.

3.) Select "Edit widget"

4.) Change the layout to "Tabular".

5.) Select the gear icon to add all the columns to the object.  *** You can also change the grouping or remove the grouping to the right.  Also, make sure to select "Apply" as necessary.

6.) Select "Save".

7. Export

Requests to Freshrelease Team

1.) Can you make this "data dump" export functionality easier to execute?  Anyone using this solution, will want to extract this data and import into more robust analytic solutions like Zoho Analytics, Microsoft PowerBI, etc.

2.) Built in API functionality to send a "data dump" to analytic solutions.  For example, in the solution Freedcamp a user can obtain the api link and integrate into a solution like Zoho Analytics.

Thanks,

Brad

2 people like this

Thank you @Brad Freshour - that works!  

1 person likes this

Freshrelease team,

When attempting to export data, the Info column is not available for selection?  Can we please have this added?

Thanks,

Brad

Also, custom columns are not displaying as well.  For example, I want to export a column I created called "Function" but it's not available in the drop-down list:

Thanks,

Brad

Login or Signup to post a comment