What's the fuss about Sprints?
Sprints are a great way to set a short goal for your team, pick items that will help accomplish the goal, and start working on them. Usually, sprints are 14 days long.
How to plan and start a sprint in Freshrelease?
1. Prioritize items in the backlog using drag and drop. You can also do this for each epic. Click on an epic and prioritize items inside it.
2. Create a new sprint and start moving items from top of the backlog to the sprint.
3. You can just move an item from top of the backlog or go to an epic and move items from it.
4. Estimate the items taken for the sprint based on the complexity of each item. Once you know the complexity of an item, set the "Estimation" number that represents how complex an item is.
4. Once you have enough items for the next 14 days, start the sprint. This takes you to the sprint board from where you can easily track progress of items.
The goal of the sprint is to move items from the left of the board to the right towards completion. It is important that you don't work on items other than what's planned for the sprint.
1) Learn more about Advanced Sprint planning